Tuesday, December 16, 2008

EG

Charles and I went to the EG conference (www.the-eg.com) this past week. We had an amazing time. We really felt like we were meeting the Leonardo Da Vinci's of our time. Joshua Bell performed, Teller of Penn & Teller spoke, and Nicholas Negroponte inspired us all. I was told that you can view some of the presentations on the TED website (www.ted.com) in the coming days.

I did not expect to find Cambodia connections there, but I did! Nina You, companion to Mike Hawley (the organizer of the conference), and her father. Sophal Ear and his expecting wife. Dimitri Negroponte who lived and worked in Cambodia.

I also met the most amazing woman named Tan Le. She's a Vietnamese Australian woman who co-founded a company called Emotiv (www.emotiv.com). Using the latest developments of neuro-technology, her company has developed a headset which facilitates non-conscious human computer interaction. Check it out - it's straight out of science fiction.

The conference inspired me to take risks and play a big game with my life. The presenters and participants play at the highest level in several areas of the their life. To wit Mike Hawley - not only was he an MIT professor and entrepreneur, but also a champion of the Van Cliburn competition!

No comments: