Tuesday, February 06, 2007

From Cambodia

For the past few days, I have been in Cambodia, introducing the film to various NGOs here which work in the area of justice and human rights. My goal is for them to see the film, love it and want to use it in their programming as they gear up for the Khmer Rouge Tribunal.

So far, we have two screenings set up - one in Phnom Penh and one in Siem Reap. The organizations seem to be very excited about the possibilities of collaboration.

I have not been in Phnom Penh for two years and it's like I can see the city changing before my eyes. There are more cars here now and ever before. Today I saw a red Hummer and a yellow Miata. There's construction everywhere.

I confess, I cannot wait until our guests arrive from America and England. I love playing host to tourists. It's like being able to experience a place for the first time again through their eyes.

Our host, Nick Ray and Kulikar Sotho, could not be more generous. They have made our stay incredibly easy and elegant. Nick and Kulikar run one of five companies, including Hanuman Tourism (www.hanumantourism.com). They are Cambodia experts and wonderful people. I am grateful to call them friends.

No comments: